Value of Cervical Herniated Disc Cases in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington D.C.
|Our law firm has successfully handled scores of herniated disc injury cases, earning our clients millions of dollars on these claims. We know the science of these cases and how to present them to an insurance company and a jury. Call 800-553-8082 or get a free on-line consultation.|
Metro Verdicts Monthly's graph in this month’s issue is median settlements and verdicts in cervical (neck) herniated disc cases in Maryland, Washington, D.C., and Virginia. The median cervical herniated disc case in Maryland is $40,000. The Washington D.C. and Virginia medians are $50,000 and $36,000, respectively.
I always qualify providing this data with a “for what it is worth.” In the case of cervical herniated disc injuries, it is a “for what it is worth” squared. If a person says they are an actor, there are a lot of different degrees of being an actor. She may be Meryl Streep or her signature role may be “Crazed Killer #12” in a 5 second cameo appearance in a B movie. Herniated disc injuries are the same thing. Some people are walking around with cervical herniated discs that they cannot feel; for other, their lives are virtually destroyed by the injury.
The other problem is I do not think plaintiffs’ personal injury lawyers properly value herniated disc injuries and, consistent with my post on Monday, lawyers settle these cases too quickly. Insurance companies are just too quick to shoot these claims down. But they change their tune when they know they are in for a fight. This is particularly true with cervical herniated disc cases as opposed to lumbar (back) disc injuries, because some herniated disc injuries are relatively benign. But the fact that there are some smaller herniated disc cases should not alter the value of the serious injury cervical herniated disc injuries.
- C4/C5 Disc Injury Cases: A look at this common car and truck accident injury
- Herniated disc settlements and trial value (an overview of disc claims in different types of motor vehicle collisions)
- Herniated disc settlements and lawsuits (an overview of herniated disc personal injury cases)
- C4/C5 and C5/C6 herniated disc accident cases (an overview of these injury claims)
- Car accident claims (an overview)
- Information on the settlement and trial value of your personal injury claim (information on how lawyers, insurance companies, and juries determine value)
- Our lawyers handle serious herniated disc cases throughout the United States. Call 800-553-8082 to discuss your herniated disc injury claim or click here for a free no obligation on line consultation.